So, without further ado, here are my tips on how to not get picked up in Second Life:
- Be Shy. Painfully shy. If someone IMs you, run away, teleport out, or just ignore it. Never participate in open chat if there are members of the appropriate sex around who might take notice of you.
- Cover up. Do not (should I repeat that) wear revealing clothing of any kind. No cleavage, no uncovered bottoms, no smexy chest hair. Wearing suggestive clothing invites, well, suggestions.
- Limit Contact. Go only to places where the likelihood of meeting someone is the lowest. For example, if you're a straight women, only go to stores that sell women's clothes. Avoid at all costs the following: Large retailers that sell clothing for both men and women, nightclubs, and the entire Zindra region. Nightclubs and Zindra can be very dangerous places if you're trying to not get picked up. Tourist sims are probably bad, too. Try to visit them when no one else is there. You can watch the map for those opportunities. Fairs, hunts, and midnight mania hopping are all off limits.
- Isolate Yourself. You can keep to yourself in SL very effectively. Close your land to the public and stay there. Spend your time building or creating. Stay out of any social groups. Do everything you can to not make friends - they might know someone - and that could be bad. In fact, it's probably best just to hang around with ghosts and/or dead people.
- Do Not Roleplay. I think it must be impossible to avoid members of the appropriate sex in many if not most of the roleplay scenarios in SL - especially Gorean roleplay.
- Be Strange. If you do have to venture into an area where you may run into others, be strange or scary. This isn't as easy as it sounds. You can't be too strange or scary or you might draw unwanted attention. You have to be just strange enough to deter any communication. It's a tough balancing act, but with practice, you'll find the right look.
Photos 1 & 2
Skin - Dulce Secrets - Tacy Vodka Skin
Dress - Scruffy Gora - Lolita Rave
Boots - Animas Designs - AD Biker Boots
Hair - Schadenfreude - Black Witch Cinder
Eyes - Mystical Eyes - Oceanic and Peacock Green
Skin - Frick - Fisticuffs Noir - Wearable Demo
Dress - SK Designs - Pain
Poses are part of my AO from red Queen - ETrangE
Location: Ghostly Forest