Dork!

Yes, I admit it.  I'm a dork, although I'm guessing many of you are, too.  That's because dorks totally rule! We get good grades, we enjoy learning new things, we get excited about technology and Star Trek, and we are the ones others come to for help. It's probably because we're dorks that we're in SL in the 1st place.

Dork!

My suspicion is that dorks ascend throughout their lives, while the cool kids peak early and everything goes down hill from there. At least that's what I like to tell myself.  I have no proof of this outside of personal observation and anecdotal evidence, but it makes me feel better about myself.

Dork!

But, there is a price to be paid. Who among us wasn't teased in high school for being a dork? There is a social stigma associated with being the smart kid. I used to lie about my age because I skipped a grade and didn't want to have to explain why I was a senior at 16. I wanted to be one of the cool kids, but no matter what I did or how hard I tried, the dorkiness just overcame me. That's OK though. Through the years, I've learned to embrace it. I'm a dork and I'm proud of it!

Dork!

Credits:
Hair - [kik] - [kik]hair-Kate03(black) Group Gift
Skin - {Frick} - {Frick} Song of Valor - Sugar - Dk Brows
Shirt - * RezIpsa Loc * - DoRK T-Shirt (For the Love of Science Hunt Gift)
Pants - [SE*Designz] - [SE*Designz]Punk Shorts - grey/red
Keychain - Cool Beans - Keychain - FTLO Science (For the Love of Science Hunt Gift)
Shoes - Aoharu Anexx - ANEXX_laceupBoots_Black/Female
Set - Classroom Scene by Luna MiMillan

1 comments:

/me loves geeks. And dorks. And ...

 

Post a Comment